Monday, March 11, 2013

heartwarming


The neighborhood seemed a bit slow in waking, thought the brilliant blue sky was enticing and the warm air so inviting.  We accepted the invitation despite fevers and runny noses and found that much of the neighborhood was quiet and empty.  There was this one neighbor cleaning his bike for the first warm weather ride.  But quiet was what I noticed most.



This provided a great opportunity to look and seek and find even the smallest and slightest signs of spring.  With bated breath, I looked at the tips of the branches on each new tree, in the corners of my flower beds where I know I might find peeking through the earth, and in the garden where I hoped upon hope I would glance garlic standing tall toward the sun.  This game of hide-and-seek did not disappoint.  







And my heart warmed.  It opened to the wakening world around me.  And slowly I, too, begin to awaken with gratitude for the reminder that these mild days can be: a reminder to breathe, and be present, and look just before me for the beauty this Universe has to offer.

For it is exactly this beauty that I will draw upon for strength in these last few weeks of colder weather.  Soon and very soon...


3 comments:

  1. Your words and photos are beautiful, so beautiful!

    I love how you have so aptly captured that sacred anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to anticipate "the greening!"
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found some green growing signs of spring around you! It sounds like a wonderful walk, a wonderful place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.