Wednesday, July 11, 2012

busy summer fun

The cousins have been together for almost three full weeks and there has been lots of fun.  I'll spare you the up's and down's of living together, the eleven of us, for now.  I can tell you I've learned much about myself and my children.  I've treasured the time spent getting to know my nieces and nephews.  But for now, I simply want to share a bit about the fun we are having. 

Forgive the many, many pictures.  There are LOTS more where these came from.  Hopefully the sheer number will give you a small sense of the way time is flying around here.

We've been:








:: celebrating the Fourth of July with concert and fireworks
:: dressing in red, white, and blue
:: picnicking in grand fashion
:: setting off a few of our own fireworks






 

 

 


:: hosted our first joint fashion show after much success with these earlier versions - style and reply
:: emptied every closet in the house to supply our show
:: struck a pose, or two, or eight!

 :: ate watermelon for the first time (thanks Grandpa!)








:: attended a minor league baseball game thanks to tickets earned by my two readers
:: snuggled with Grandma
:: sang with the crowd
:: celebrated a home team win
::  ran the bases







:: played a game of our own in family teams
:: patiently taught the littles how to play
:: proudly watched the older children do it on their own
:: celebrated successes -  our own and that of others

It really has been a grand time - an oh.so.busy. time - but simply splendid!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!! G, these pictures are wonderful, and wonderfully show the good times (which will after all be the most important!)

    I know your parents are loving this! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! What happy times!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.