Wednesday, October 31, 2012

happy halloween

I have a guest blogger this evening.  I hope that you enjoy!


The Day My Jack 'O Lantern Came to Life
Story written by second grader, Peace

It was the day before Halloween.  I was carving a pumpkin.  I finished just in time to go to bed.  The next morning, it was the day of Halloween.  It was a relief.  And guess why!  We had no school.

When it was time to get ready for trick-or-treating, I heard a noise. It sounded like it said, "Thanks for carving me."  And as it started to talk the room got lighter.  I turned around and my pumpkin was talking!  I screamed really loud.  I got so scared I ran out of the house.  

I forgot it was time to go trick-or-treating after I saw everybody doing just that.  I ran back in the house and started to go trick-or-treating.  My pumpkin followed me.  I ran ahead more.  My pumpkin still followed me.  I stopped and said "Do you ever run out of energy?"  My pumpkin said, "No!  I'm a pumpkin!"  

And that was the story of when my pumpkin came to life.

Wishing you and yours a spooky and imaginative Halloween!

Costume made with love by Grandma

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Peace. I love your stories.(and your costume)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story, and such a great (scary!) costume!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.