Sunday, October 21, 2012

autumn weekending

We've developed a wonderful autumn weekending tradition around here - visiting an apple orchard, corn maze, climbing haystacks, eating donuts and cider.  We've been so fortunate each year to find glorious weather aligning with the various fall festivals at farms in our area.  

I so love this tradition.  I love the warm sun and beautiful blue skies.  I love the chill and the crispness in the air.  I love the smell of hay and cornstalks.  I love the stickiness of apple-themed treats.  I love the celebration of another harvest.  I love the community brought together.  Oh, I love it all!

Here's a glimpse at our autumn weekending:












2 comments:

  1. that's one thing to miss about the north for sure!!! It's hard to celebrate seasons when the weather's not helping you out!!! We hit 90 today : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.