Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ice


Cold, yet beautiful.  Striking. Delicate. Causing me to retreat, to hide, to long for warmth.  Yet, when I see the sun pour through it, the weeds twinkling on the side of the road, I soften.  The brilliance stops me in my tracks and calls for me to look.  Somehow the blue of the sky, the shine of the sun juxtaposed against the clear encasing on colorless foliage that no longer lives, the white of the snow covered ground brings a feeling of peace. 


Perhaps its the awe that Nature can create beauty from lack of life and will turn this barren land into bounty within months. There is hope in that thought, an expectant promise.  If only for a moment.  For later today, the ice will be gone, gray skies returned, and it will be a dreary winter day. Again.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo... gorgeous!
    And good for you for taking the time to notice!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.