Wednesday, September 5, 2012

a place of peace

I've been searching for a place, an inspiration, hope, a renewal.  

It happens, now and again, that I begin to doubt my way and find myself retreating from life.  It happens, sometimes, that I get frustrated with myself and my response to the seemingly endless sense of being overwhelmed.  It happens, often, that I spend my internal thoughts dreaming of the places where the grass is greener, where I might find contentedness and peace of mind.

In those dark and inward times, I find myself searching for a place which might slow or shift my thinking.

Thankfully, today, I remembered our pond walks from the summer.  We took a few of those walks with the cousins around our backyard pond.  This place...this quiet little place.. is one which causes me to pause.  It beckons appreciation for all that is life. It encourages curiosity.  It quietly whispers 'Breathe.'

So for a moment today I'll pause to remember that feeling, that safe space away from the busyness that is life.  I'll feel protected.  I'll sink into the security I find there.  And I will breathe a breath that connects me to those little ones I shared this time with in our very special summer together.

Namaste...













4 comments:

  1. What a peaceful place to remember to help to gain focus. I, too, get very overwhelmed with life at times, in the middle of many projects, not getting too far on any. And I need to take little "retreats" as well. Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you and hoping that the peace and intentionality of the summer has been able to creep into what is such a crazy time of year for you. I am wishing you peace today my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place for exploration - inward and outward.
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.