Wednesday, September 12, 2012

She likes...

She likes peace. Because her Mama talks of peace often: her dreams of peace, her desire for peace.  World peace, peace in relationship, internal peace.  Peace connects her and her Mama.

She likes food.  Grown up food, especially homemade food.  Because her Mama thinks homegrown, homemade is healthy, important, a special gift she can give her children.  Food connects her and her Mama.



She likes tea.  Because it calms her as she settles for the night.  She and her Mama drink their tea together.  It's an evening ritual.  Tea connects her and her Mama.


She likes to write.  Telling stories on paper somehow gives life to her thoughts.  Her Mama likes to write, too.  Writing connects her and her Mama.

She likes to read. Out loud to her baby sister.  Conquering hard words with triumph.  Soaking in the story.  Her Mama loves to listen to her read.  Reading connects her and her Mama.

She likes to breathe.  A slow meditative breath that calms the mind and soul.  She softens beautifully when she and her Mama breathe together.  Such tender moments designed intentionally to calm her anxiety or help her through illness.  Breathing connects her and her Mama.


Then again, breathing connects all of life.

3 comments:

  1. Sigh... just wonderful! I wish my mom and I had been able to forge such a connection.
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this <3 What a beautiful connection you have with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful post about your relationship. I too marvel at the unique ways that I, as Mama, am connected to my individual children.

    I love these wonderful ways you connect with Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.