Tuesday, November 22, 2011

gratitude - day three

I've recently found God in a place that should not surprise me - nature.  The diversity of color, the calming peace of water, the guiding light of a full moon, the intricacy of a spider web all speak of a connectedness I can only attribute to a Creator.  Spending time in nature brings clarity, renewed spirit, and a greater sense of being intimately connected with something far greater than I.  I am thankful I've taken the time to see - truly see - the glorious nature around me.  

In the green of the grass and the quiet hum of the early morning breeze, I've also developed a yearning to bring only this nature to our table.  It feels good and whole and right for my family, but it also feels like the Earth has asked me to do this.  Each time I prepare a meal that comes from the Earth I hear a sigh of thankfulness from all that surrounds me.  

Nature, connection, sustenance, Earth - for these, I am thankful!














3 comments:

  1. Dropping by. Lovely photos - I especially love the light shining through the rocks. I, too, find peace in the outdoors.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bounty. Thanksgiving, indeed!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Each time I prepare a meal that comes from the Earth I hear a sigh of thankfulness from all that surrounds me."

    That line is perfectly poetic.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.