Monday, November 21, 2011

gratitude - day two

To be a working mom, is to continually struggle with this idea of balance.  How much time is enough with your children?  How much time should be dedicated to a job I long to do well? What about "me" time or "us" time for hubby and me?

The balancing act is a delicate one.  I've read many blogs written by women who seem to do this with grace and beauty.  I've never felt much like a ballerina in this dance.  More like an elephant on a high wire, to be sure.

So, today, I am thankful for my family.  This family who has given me support and accolades when I've worked hard to make them my priority and forgiveness and compassion when I've failed.  I am thankful for my husband who quietly sits with my incessant exploration to find this perfect balance and my ridiculous attempts to be all things to all people.  I am thankful that he lets me try and never says "it can't be done."  I am thankful for three amazing children who constantly remind me that they will fly only when I remember to let go.

I am thankful for my parents who listen, and worry (but never let me know that they do).  I am thankful they are near and very present in our lives.  I am thankful for extended family, those near and far.  I continue to be amazed that each one comes into our lives at just the right time.

Family - for this, I am thankful!

Mom, Dad, and brother on his wedding day

My Grandmother

My family, my brother, and his new wife

2 comments:

  1. Abundant blessings, indeed!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance? Oh, I am so with you. I do not work outside the home right now, but am gearing up to go back to work soon. I worry about balance. I worry about trying to do it all. I worry about the loss of "me" time. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.