Saturday, December 3, 2011

no photos

No photos today.

Just feeling the need to write in the 30 seconds I've found to sit down in more than a week.

I'm not complaining - really!

We've just been busy preparing for Christmas, both in secular and spiritual ways, such as:

::Handmade, homemade teachers gifts

::House decorated, inside and out

::Searching campus for the tree lighting ceremony since the weather wouldn't cooperate

::Music rehearsals - I'm singing the Messiah with my students in our annual Christmas vespers.  They are truly amazing!

::The annual preschool Christmas program - You know, the one where only the parents can find the beauty and joy in the event and glow at the sight and sounds of their children singing!

::The company Christmas party, with kids in tow to see Santa

::More music rehearsal - the last one for me with the church bell choir as I've opted to move on from this commitment. 

::Christmas shopping - check and phew!

::Nightly advent candles, readings, devotionals, and singing

::Food preparation for the International Holiday Festival - Food and fun with the campus community and family

::Plans for two holiday meals with staff - one with the student staff and the second, just us.  Oh, and probably some wine at the second. Ahem!

::Remembering to move Elf on the Shelf, named Cheesy, nightly

::Attend to and be present with the kids when emotions run high, because they do. and often.

::Oh, am I supposed to be capturing all of this on film?  Sigh.
 
Ok, so you get the idea.  In a year when we've really slowed and learned about being present, this Advent season has turned out to be exceptionally busy.  I think that's okay as long as we know that we can slow again, soon.  After all, it was God who asks us to prepare and it is God who will be near us throughout.  Surely, God will bring us back as well.

And, maybe in a few weeks, I'll have some photos to share (wink)!

Hoping all is well with you as you prepare for your holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that you have this list here...and even in all of the busy-ness of it are able to appreciate how it adds together to be special for the season!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.