Monday, December 5, 2011

preparing

I remember the days when preparing for Christmas in my home was a breeze.  Each decoration had its place, the tree had exactly the ribbon and ornaments I thought were perfect, nativity scenes sat safely and securely where every eye could see.  Sigh!

So what happens when one consciously chooses to let little voices have a say in the matter?

I bet you thought I was going to say "chaos"!

On the contrary!  

However, every piece of furniture in the house was rearranged.  

 

 Each shelf and mantle were decorated and redecorated.  


 The process extended so late in the day that we ditched the healthy, homemade dinner and ordered pizza.  Of course, we plopped right down in the middle of all the bulbs, bows, music boxes, snowmen, and train tracks and enjoyed a family dinner.

It was fun to share the origin and stories of various pieces - who gifted us with this book, which was Mommy's first nativity scene, why did Daddy color his snowman black (because it was snowing in his scene and how else would you distinguish the snowman from the snow!).








The house is now prepared and little hands adore their work.  Sometimes we do work together!

Wishing you peace of mind as your hearts and minds prepare for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun, fun, fun!! I think that is such a special way to prepare...where is the fun in doing it all on your own?

    And the pizza picnic amidst the decorating is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.