Sunday, April 1, 2012

busy doing nothing...

This was a "busy doing nothing weekend" and we enjoyed every. moment.



















 



 Here's a little of what we did...

:: embarked on an Easter egg hunt at Grandma's work
:: built and built and built loving our new Lego Friends
:: emptied the board game shelf and played every. single. one.
:: enjoyed one last fire before it warms 
:: baked cookies, together
:: raised our palms and sang hosannas as we prepare for Easter
:: ventured outside to see how much we've grown this winter when the bikes seem too small and the reach to the first monkey bar well within our grasp
:: discovered new challenges flipping on those monkey bars, riding bigger bikes, and trying scooters that are not quite our size
:: helped Papa Bear plan for the planting of new trees
:: did a little planning of our own
:: visited the local greenhouse for our annual trip to Easter Bunny Lane
:: admired my new orchid packing a color punch in my dining room.  Oh. I. love. it. so.
:: wondered what to do about the horrible lighting in my dining room that makes me walls look yellow.  They are a soft melon. sigh
:: enjoyed this time playing hard and being together.  Just how it is meant to be.

It's not often that the pace slows enough to spend a weekend like this.  How grateful I am for these moments when they come!


2 comments:

  1. That's a whole LOT of "nothing!" Glad you all had fun!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfectly wonderful weekend as it should be! :) So glad you got to embrace such togetherness!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.