Monday, April 2, 2012

impromptu performance

Manamana!  Have you seen the new Muppets movie?  Alright it's not so new.  We saw it just after Thanksgiving last year.  But, the music.  Oh, the music has stuck to our brains.

Just like my childhood, music is an everyday thing in our home.  The music of my youth was classical and it is still my preferred genre.  My kids, though.  They like to dance.  Putumayo Kids have put out some of our favorites with music from every culture and every beat.  Of course, they are Disney fans too.  Sigh!

But the Muppets have introduced music that connects the old and the new.  Rainbow Connection, Manamana, and We Built This City are songs that remind me and Papa Bear of Saturday night television and rock and roll.  Life's a Happy Song and Man or Muppet are two new favorites that sink deep into our brains and come blurting out to fill any silent space.  We are hooked.

So last week as we were finishing up baths, the beat starting tapping, we starting singing, and then a show ensued.  All the while, the freshly bathed babes stared at their selves singing and dancing in the mirror.  It was funny, laughable, and amazing all at once.

See for yourself...




































Yes, I was standing on the bathtub taking the pictures in the mirror (while laughing and singing along).

Yes, Mr. Man was perfecting his hairdo periodically during the performance.

Yes, Manamana...

4 comments:

  1. They are so adorable and so talented and lots of fun. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, indeed - wonderful photos!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My FAVORITE post! I love this like crazy. I can't even pick a favorite pic! We are big time Muppet fans in this house too. <3 You have such an awesome connection with your children's playful spirits and that is so awesome. So many people do not indulge in these awesome silly times. I love that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. How. Fun!

    I love it and that you were able to capture so many great shots of their performance! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.