Tuesday, May 15, 2012

mother's day and other happenings

There's a lot going on here these days - baby showers, mother's day celebrations, graduations, May Day celebrations, soccer, gymnastics.  It's all moving so fast.  So, here's a recap of our weekend!  I hope yours was as joyous and full as ours.

Happy Belated Mother's Day!



We are...
:: Getting all dressed up for aunt's baby shower, a first for Pie and Peace
:: Watching the new mama grow, both physically and in love with her first child
:: Being slightly bored at the baby shower as the grown ups talked of breastfeeding and lives changing and diapers and daddy's
:: Finding cell phones to play on and an old bag of legos saved for some day
:: Falling fast asleep in the most awkward position on the way home from the shower
:: Laughing at baby sister sleeping that way
:: Being forced back up the stairs on the morning of Mother's Day with hushes and whispers and excitement
:: Acting surprised as Pie shares with me their plans to serve breakfast in bed and reassuring Mr. Man and Peace who think me knowing has ruined the day
:: Listening joyfully to the directions and patience of Papa as the breakfast feast is prepared
:: Loving each and every handmade gift given with all the love and joy and pride these three littles can share
:: Sharing that love and joy and thankfulness with my own mother and our mother-to-be
:: Lamenting the recent passing of mothers of two of my students and knowing what a difficult day this must be for these two young women
:: Finding comfort in the response of our college community for both women in the time of tragedy
:: Knowing I'm the luckiest woman and mother in the world and wishing I could stop time and hang onto the moment. just. a. little. longer.

Peace



1 comment:

  1. I was laughing out loud when I got to the picture of Pie sleeping in the car...oh I love a good car-sleeping picture! :)

    And you look so beautiful and content with your littles in the last picture!
    Happy Mother's Day, you amazing amazing Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.