Saturday, February 2, 2013

hands

Lately I've been noticing hands and all they do.  Have you ever really stopped to watch someone work with their hands?  I see such expression in the movement of them, such personality - swift, caring, strong and assured.  

Hands of an infant, not quite toddler, exploring his world move with slow curiosity and simple persistence.  Each move often missing its target or pulling back at the surprise found in new textures.  There is something about watching the hands of a child that just grounds me.  It is pure.

Hands fully immersed in creative moments are especially fun to watch, too.  There is an energy and authenticity in watching one create with their hands, whether its food or craft, art or music.  Creative hands seem to move as if something else, not the mind or the body to which they are attached, but some greater force inspires their movement.  Simple and beautiful.

We've had the gift and opportunity to put our own hands to work in the name of January birthday and cultural celebrations.  What fun it was to work together, our little family, on handmade gifts and cards, homemade treats, and food for sharing from our cultural traditions.  I hope you'll enjoy a peak at our hands at work!











2 comments:

  1. Oh I love love love the many ways you've shared hands. I've come to appreciate how much work my hands do...and I see the important ways others use their hands to show love and compassion.

    Your new banner is fantastic -- what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Mom had a wonderful birthday!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.