Monday, May 2, 2011

Expressions





Children are exceptionally good at giving and receiving.  I have received hundreds of loving creations from my own children, nieces and nephews, and my children's choir children years ago.  Most creations don the large print words "TO:" and "FROM:" and "I LOVE YOU."  And these are some of my favorite gifts to receive.  I am thankful for the construction paper memos, torn pieces of paper, and post-it after post-it of generosity.







Mother's Day is around the corner and the colorful, heart-felt sentiments are already on my counter and refrigerator.  My heart is open and excited for each creation!



What have I given today?

     a compliment

     a welcome back

     a good morning

     computer assistance

     answers to students' questions

     an hour & a half of pretend play (princess & stepmother) with my youngest daughter

     encouragement

     a gift to my husband (a sitter for our upcoming anniversary)

     a late night snack (not for me!)



What have I received?

     a readiness and anticipated need fulfilled by a staff member

     an opportunity
    
     laughter

     affirmation
     
     love

     hugs & kisses - lots

What have you given and received today?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, I need to think about this. I find that I get caught up in the busyness of life that I don't always think of what I give and receive...such a good way of thinking of our day!

    I love all of your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.