Sunday, May 15, 2011

Prep Work

Summer is right around the corner, though the weather still refuses to cooperate.  But, summer takes a little bit of preparation - outdoor toys up from the basement, weed-n-feed on the lawn, oil change for the mower, cleaning the windows.  I love this time because so much of our preparation brings vivid colors out from under the cobwebs and into the summer blue skies and sunlight.

Even our toes find their way out of heavy, warm socks into the fresh air.  


Shoes take their place in the garage and the house becomes space for bare feet.  


And, then, color finds its way to our newly calloused heels!  Lots and lots of color!











What happy summer preparations are you making?

2 comments:

  1. I love the use of color and the idea of freeing our toes from the confines of shoes. Here's to freedom.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love all of the nail polishing!! What a fun way to begin the summer!

    We still are well into boots (and coats) here, but I am waiting patiently!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.