Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quiet Moments

It is 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning and I am awake watching the sun rise - at least the gray clouded horizon!  One baby awake, quietly settled in front of morning cartoons (a Saturday pleasure for my children).  So, I find myself savoring the quiet and the moment to feel God's presence.

The last few days have brought in beautiful weather, warm and sunny and melting the mounds of snow that have been here since the beginning of December.  The weather brought a great opportunity to be outside, to run, to be loud, to play, to walk and breath the fresh air.  It's also been very windy, the wind bringing with it the next cold and snowy front.  The wind even woke us a few times through the night.  So, in the moment of morning that I am enjoying, I notice that the weather turned still.

The stillness captured!      

I'm thankful for the still and quiet time I've had these last three weeks.  I'm thankful for the healing that has come with that stillness.  I'm thankful for this quiet morning time today.  For it is in the still and quiet that God touches my heart and says, "I'm here with you!"

Peace to you this Saturday morning!



1 comment:

  1. Oh this time of winter is soooo sneaky. A warm day or two and spring fever comes in! Then back to cold cold cold!

    Glad these past few weeks have been healing for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.