Monday, February 28, 2011

Hope

The last four weeks, I've been home, not by choice, but by circumstance.  I had hoped to capture every quiet moment of reflection and self discovery.  I couldn't cook, clean, dress the children, play, lift, prepare, plan - all the things that typically fill the minutes of my day.  So, in four weeks, I've uncovered a new way of being that I long to hang onto as I enter back into my life, hopefully not as I knew it before.


I hope I can commit to the daily meditation practice I've learned to cherish.


I hope I can commit to my daily blog entries which are my commitment to working through life's big questions that usurp my mind.


I hope I can commit to this pace of life, knowing that things will get hectic again and hoping that I have the wisdom to know when to call a time out.


I hope I can commit to my search for a deeper and more personal connection to God.   I sense God's presence in moments and spaces that are unexpected. I hope I can keep aware.


I hope I can commit to searching for quiet moments where I can sit in God's presence.


I hope I stay committed to my healing process.

In all my hoping, I am reminded of a favorite hymn:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

My Hope is Built on Nothing Lessby Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these hopes and am so glad that during your recovery you discovered these hopes for yourself! In many ways you can never go back to what is was before surgery, because YOU are different now. I think the challenge is being able to move the newer you traverse the old landscape...

    I've been there my friend. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.