Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down

Four weeks of meditation and now we enter the season of Lent.  I'm welcoming Ash Wednesday and this season of reflection with open arms.  Yes, because the inward look at self as a spiritual being is right up my ally.  For some, Lent is a time of fasting.  For some, Lent is a time of prayer.  For some, Lent does not exist.



For me, Lent is what I hope for every day of my life - a time to sit quietly with God, a time to examine myself and my humanness and all that it brings.  

Meditation has truly helped me do this these last few weeks and I am eager to see where meditation takes me.  

Some days, I feel like I'm failing at meditation.  Some days, I am hopeful.  Most days, I am in awe of the number of thoughts my mind holds in one space.  But, the quiet moments are delightful, renewing, energizing.  I do notice more patience in the way I live each day and more patience with myself.  I do notice that I'm not always allowing the things around me to "get me going".

I'm hopeful this Lent to make connections between what I know of my Christian faith with what I'm learning about spirituality around the world.  As I learn, I hope to reconcile the unrest within my heart and find that place of balance and peace that I believe is the thread that connects all spiritual people on earth.

May this season of Lent be a time of meaningful reflection for you, too.  Peace be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.