Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorable Conversations

I recall a television show hosted by Bill Cosby called Kids Say the Darndest Things.

Today, this show could have been filmed in my backyard.


Youngest child: Nella and Emma (her imaginary friends) call their oatmeal "blueberry oatmeal."


Mom: They do?!  I call my Cheerios "blueberry Cheerios."


Dad (sarcastically, but lovingly!): That's creative.



Mom: Where are you?

Middle child: I'm sitting in the shed.


Mom (confused): We don't have a shed.

Middle child: Right here. Under the tree.  In the shed.

Mom (lovingly, holding back a snicker!): Oh, you mean the shade.



Youngest child: Mommy, my feet are burning on the trampoline.

Mom: Why don't you put your socks on?

We put them on and she promptly walked through the mulch . . .


 
Then took them off . . .



Oldest child spent the day visiting with Grandma.  He arrived home, detailing every minute of his visit, talking a million miles an hour.

Mom: So, did you have a good day?

Oldest child: I had more than a good day.  I had a FABULOUS day!


Later in the evening . . .

Oldest child: I really am lucky that I have the best family in the world.


2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family. Don't ever take those meaningful conversations for granted; encourage them. It's wonderful that you are documenting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and funny! How great that you have captured them here. I always feel like there are hysterical things my kids say, and I simply can't remember them all!

    Happy summer to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.