Monday, June 13, 2011

Planning & Playing

It's been 8 days since my last post and only my second post of June.  Normally, this might make me feel guilty and frustrated with myself.  Instead, I am thrilled!  My planful and intentional summer wish list is well underway.

Here's what we've been up to . . .

Planning a bathroom renovation (actually 2 bathrooms!):



And a little demo . . .



Playing  a little . . .








And planning a little more . . .








And playing even more . . .











The summer is off to a great start.  

Each morning begins on my front porch before the rest of the neighborhood stirs and I'm alone with the sun, the wind, the birds.  Together, we meditate and remind ourselves to slow down and take it all in.

Each day ends with us together - a family, enjoying each other and our precious time together. (Lest I should leave the wrong impression, the space between is often filled with impatience, yelling, crying, etc.)

As much as this blog was intended as a space for me to ask and ponder big questions, I'm finding this summer has brought with it a quieting of those questions and peace of mind with simply being! For that, I will not apologize or feel guilty - only thrilled!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful! To have your plans being much enjoyed!

    The morning on the porch sounds incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that makes my heart smile,mom

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.