Friday, June 17, 2011

Surprises and Discoveries

A few months ago, I began working through the Seven Spiritual Laws (Deepak Chopra).  I haven't gotten past the second law, but that's okay with me.  In the beginning, I lamented that I didn't have a strong connection with nature.  But, I've discovered something along this journey.  I am strongly and profoundly connected with nature - plants, colors, animals, water.

I've been especially attentive to blooming flowers and the constant change in amazing colors found in nature - the pink and purples of early Spring, the expectant white of fruit trees, the yellow, red, and orange of late Spring. I've been attracted to cool, lush, green outdoor spaces.  I find my mind still and peaceful in the presence of water - ponds, fountains, sprinklers.

So, I've gone exploring area parks and properties to find more of the nature that is pulling me in; yet opening my heart and mind.  Along my way, I've discovered . . .

Even the little things are beautiful.


Nature holds many answers for our every day lives.


Peace of mind is found in the subtleties of life.


A deep, fresh breath can provide all the energy needed to conquer your day.



A single drop of water is more powerful than any weapon of war.



Listening to yourself is as important as listening to others.


The colors of nature soften the heart.




Silence is the most beautiful music.


 
There is a calming that I cannot describe when I leave the busyness of home, office, church, community and find a place like this . . .








I am surprised by the connection I've found between nature and my peace of mind.  I am surprised how much I've learned about myself by communing with nature. I am surprised that I've allowed myself to turn my time and attention to discovering the world around me. I welcome this surprise with open arms.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures; you truly have made an important connection and I appreciate it because I can identify with the serenity of silence. As much as I love the laughter of children, there is still nothing that compares to the breath of God.mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- for you to see this change in yourself is such a gift! What an amazing blessing as you journey into nature with open arms!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.