Thursday, June 7, 2012

quiet

I've noticed something lately...

Quiet.

I've noticed it in my home as my children play in another room.

I've noticed it in the morning as I get ready for work.

I've noticed it in the car on my commute.

I've noticed it as I walk around campus.

I've savored it during my morning meditation.

It wasn't all that long ago when silence would make me uncomfortable, when I would feel compelled to fill the silence with conversation, television, radio.  I don't miss those distractions and quite enjoy their absence.

I find myself sometimes yearning for a moment of silence when I'm stressed or overwhelmed.  Just a minute to walk away and breath, to gather my thoughts before moving forward.

I've noticed that accepting quiet into my life, my mind, my heart changes the way I think, act, and react.  It seems I move a little slower these days.

I like it.

Quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.