Wednesday, June 13, 2012

gifting

I am NOT gifted at gifting.  Really, there are likely few who are worse at gifting than I.

Especially when the person-to-be-gifted is a classmate of my child whom I have never met. For this group, I have a hard time with re-purposing or thrifting and new toys are so expensive.  Never mind that new toys really just seem to be more stuff.  I'm ashamed to admit the stuff we've broken, lost, or thrown away from birthday parties.

You can imagine my joy when I dreamed up a gift that was practical, thrifty, cute, and perfect for the little girl having a spa birthday party. You have to keep a secret if I tell you what it was, though.  Shhhh!  We purchased a fake nail kit with nail polish ($10) and added a few of our own unwanted colors along with leftover lipgloss (all unopened of course), bundled with ribbon from recycled packaging.  Ta da!


I'm not naive to think I'm now well equipped to gift, but I am celebrating this one success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.