Thursday, April 14, 2011

Broken Heart

He seemed sad all evening, but didn't say much.  As is the case for most parents, it is at bed time that children begin to open up.  This night is no different.

Earlier he had written her a note warning her that others were trying to trick her and expressing his concern for her.  The flip side of the note dawned the X marks the spot boxes asking her to reply with she likes me or she likes me not.

He really likes her.  I mean with every ounce of his being really likes her.  This night, he is jealous that other boys in his class have joined him at the girl's table and are able to make her laugh.

He called her last weekend unbeknownst to us.  He told her he liked her - really liked her.  She replied, "OK" and giggled.  He wants to tell her again - face to face.  He cries because he is afraid to tell her in person.

I'm thinking you're way too young, why are you even thinking about love?  I'm thinking her parents are going to fall over if they know you are talking about love to her!  I say "Honey, I know you care about her and I know you want to protect her from the boys who are trying to trick her. But, she needs to make that decision on her own.  You can't make decisions for her."  

I say "I'm reading a book.  And I'm learning something that I think might help you.  The author says that you should know what you want - have clear goals.  For you the goal is to know that she likes you.  

Once you know what you want, imagine yourself having it.  What does it mean to know that she likes you?  Close your eyes and imagine.

Once you know what you want and imagine yourself there, let it happen.  Get out of the way.  Don't force it to happen.  Don't annoy her.  When the moment to talk about it is right, you'll know.  Just wait for the moment."

He says "OK" and really feels better.  He really seems to get it.  And I think you're 7.  Why do you get this idea better than I do!


2 comments:

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.