Friday, April 8, 2011

Positive Thoughts


WELCOME

Growing up in an Italian home...

Stop there.  My home wasn't really Italian.  My father's father was Italian (both parents), but my father's mother, Hungarian.  My mother's family is a little Welsh, and little English, and a little we're not so sure...  But, our strongest cultural affiliation was definitely Italian.







Where was I?  Oh yeah. 

Growing up in an Italian home, one learns to truly appreciate food.  Among my favorites...

Garlic...


Olive oil...


Pasta...
Tomato sauce...
Fish ... (not necessarily together)


Warm, fresh Italian bread...


Nothing goes better with a traditional Italian meal than a glass of red vino - Merlot to be exact.


But what makes every Italian meal special is sharing it with famiglia.







For a middle class family with two working parents, part of today's Italian dinner is enjoying it at a local, family-owned Italian restaurant!


I can't help but think that the old country Italian's gave today's contemporary Italian American's a gift we take for granted - sustenance and a sense of belonging.  If only we would just sit down at the table with our family and mangia.

An added treat for this evening...


Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. I adore this post -- the pictures capture perfectly the time spent together as a family!

    I love how you are more and more seeing your world through photographic moments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.