Friday, April 1, 2011

Positive Thoughts

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.  If you want to be happy, practice compassion."  ~Dalai Lama

I recently had a conversation with an old friend in which he asked me what it meant to me to be Christian.  The first word that came to mind was compassion

So, I've been thinking a lot about compassion as I've been reading the Gospel of Mark.  Mark spends much of his writing sharing the miracles of Jesus of which the marginalized are often the beneficiaries.  Jesus' life and death are surely symbols of the compassion God has shown humanity.

But, I have an example of compassion that is much closer to home.  Here are examples of the compassion she has shared with me:
A jack given to me for comfort as I underwent surgery...

The note found on the door as I arrived home after surgery...

A frequently written sentiment always attached to her colorful artwork...

One of countless colorings dedicated to me, Dad, or other loved ones...

  
Her favorite symbols of rainbow and peace signs...
Her teachers have always noted her compassion in her play and in her friendships.
Her compassion is shown through her artwork, her creativity, her generosity, and through her eyes...


What a gift of compassion I have in my life.  May your life be blessed with a shining example.

2 comments:

  1. I find it amazing the different personalities each of my three have....

    Your daughter's compassion is beautiful -- thank you for sharing such wonderful and pure examples of her love! You are one lucky mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beautiful child.May you learn as much from her as I have from you.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.