Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Celebrating Women

Recently, I've been realizing how much I enjoy the company and friendship of women.  I've been thinking about the important and amazing women in my life - my mother, my sister, my dear friends.  I've come to know women to be a source of strength and energy. 

There is a small group of women who get my attention once a week for one hour.  They remind me each week of the power and the beauty and the grace of women.  We don't know each other with great intimacy, yet each week we share a time and space that they have often described as therapeutic.  We come together to make music.  These women are my bell players!
 

What they don't know is that they are women I admire for their faith, their commitment to our community, and their leadership.


What they don't know is that I see their softness and gentleness and hope others see the same in me.


What they don't know is that each week they refuel me.


What they do know is that they make me laugh and I enjoy my time with them.


What I know is that women are amazing and these fine ladies tell the world that every day!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! You so poetically share your feelings for these women in your life!

    Awesome pictures -- love the black and white, they beautifully help express your feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job; I enjoyed the pics (so glad I did my hair)and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your encouragement and positive thoughts about my posts. I do appreciate your encouragement and support through my journey.

Peace be with you.